Informazioni personali

La mia foto
Studio di ceramica-Pottery. After a long period of experimentation and testing at DOCKS POTTERY weʼd like to show our ceramic work. The works we produce come from the use of local red and white clay as well as semigres like the earth of Castellamonte. We make all our own glazes from formulae we found in an old ceramics manual, many of which we have modified after extensive testing and experimentation. All our glazes are lead free and contain no toxic substances. Docks Pottery via Valprato n°68 10155 Torino Italia f.digiovanni@iol.it

sabato 26 settembre 2009

After a long absence

After a long absence I returned to Italy, I greet and thank everyone for the wait.
Work in Seoul went well, Seuol is a great city and Koreans kind and friendly, a great people.
With me came my Korean friend and collaborator, Christine Hong, she lives in Turin and she teaches art at the Academy of Fine Arts in Turin. Cristina has been a great help as an interpreter and thanks to the fact that his parents and brother Leo (artist photographer) living in Seoul, Korea does not have visited by tourists. They came to work with me my partner Roberto Fioccardi for mounting the exhibition and dismantling my dear friend of Sidney Michael Schiavello.
During my first visit to Seou I met , a ceramist, Toyoung Kwak, I visited his gallery and with her we made a car trip to meet The Major Intangible Cultural Properties , the potter Mr. Kim Jong-Ok.

And now, photos, photos and photos for my friends around the World

E adesso foto, foto e foto per i miei amici in giro per il Mondo

Nathalie's paintings inside the Transformer

Mario, Hans, Nathalie, Roberto and Cristina

Nathalie and Hans

outside the Trasformer, traditional Korean dance



Cristina, Toyoung, Me and Leo

Toyoung's works
http://www.tykitchen.com
Toyoung's Gallery

Toyoung's works
http://www.tykitchen.com








Toyoung's works








Toyoung's works








Papà e Mamma of Cristina and another bottle of dunduju







Dinner with Jonny and Angela






Cristina

















The potter Mr.Kim Jong-Ok
















Mr.Kim Jong-Ok and wife








The studio of Mr.Jong-Ok

























The ovens of Mr.Jong-Ok

Mr.Jong-Ok's Works


Mr.Jong-Ok's Works


Mr.Jong-Ok's Works


Mr.Jong-Ok's Works




















fishing in the river with Leo





Leo's photos in the art fair o Seoul



















8 commenti:

  1. Welcome home, Roberto. It looks like a wonderful journey to Korea. And thanks for the photos of the galleries and studio. And especially for the food. I love the chile pepper plants and the drying fish.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Ciao Hollis, these trips to Korea has opened to me the doors of paradise and was full of hot pepper or maybe it was a pleasant spicy hell.

    RispondiElimina
  3. I missed you, looks like a great trip. those chili plants are lovely, I see they are using black plastic to absorb the heat of the sun. I especially like the stack of plates with the muted surfaces by Jong-Ok. Is that fly fishing in the river? It must have been hard for you to be away from home for so long a time, relax and rest up.

    RispondiElimina
  4. Thanks Linda, is a pleasure your visit. It was a long trip very enjoyable and interesting, I made contact with the potters in Seoul and I hope to return to Korea for a ceramics workshop next summer.
    Is dry fly fishing with a strange racket with no more than 15 m. of wire, there are little salmonid in the river, very good kitchen with soy sauce and sugar in sweet and sour. The chilli is the base of the entire Korean cuisine and I love it.
    Soon I will put in my blog more photos of Korean ceramics. Ciao

    RispondiElimina
  5. I hope you are ok, it has been a long time since you posted.

    RispondiElimina
  6. Great photos. Makes me want to go there. I love spicy food.

    RispondiElimina

Cerca nel blog